AMD has released a new driver update that is meant to enhance support for the upcoming games from Valve and id Software.
AMD recommends you to download Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1 if you want to be able to run Doom Eternal and Half-Life: Alyx at maximum performance.
According to AMD, Doom Eternal will perform up to five percent better thanks to the new driver. Tests were run on an RX 5700 XT on 1080p, and it saw an increase from 133.1 to 139.9 fps on Ultra Nightmare settings.
However, the performance benefits of the driver for Half-Life: Alyx weren’t published yet.
Additionally, the new driver enhances the performance of Ghost Recon Breakpoint by introducing Vulkan graphics API support.
AMD has also introduced support for some new extensions that were enumerated in the release notes.
The Driver’s Fixed Issues
Here are some of the essential fixed issues of the driver:
- Hotkeys could fail to apply to scenes in the ReLive editor when a custom name is used to the scene.
- Choppy audio or frame skipping could be experienced in videos that were recorded with Radeon ReLive.
- The toggle for Zero RPM might fail to reset or appear when fan tuning options in Performance Tuning are modified.
- Radeon Software could potentially close whenever a live stream is started or stopped.
- The desktop cursor might remain visible intermittently after the overlay is turned on in some games.
- DOOM could experience an occasional system hang or even application crash during gameplay.
- Video playback of Movies or TV on Ryzen 3000 with Radeon Graphics Processors might provoke corruption on Interlaced content.
- Radeon RX Vega and some older discrete GPUs, the reduction of frame rate, can be provoked by enabling integer display scaling.