Streaming services have risen to prominence in recent years and are more popular than ever as the coronavirus led to lockdowns across several countries from all over the world. It may be daunting to pick a particular service since several choices are available on the market. Below you can find a list which includes everything you may want to know about the services, including compatible platforms, prices, and signature content.
Best Streaming Services for Europe Available Right Now
Netflix is a pioneer of the industry and the most popular choice for millions of people from all over the world. A wealth of content is already available, and Netflix is always hard at work on fresh content and new deals that increase the size of the library, offering something for every taste.
- Compatibility: Select TV models, PC and Mac, Android and iOS devices, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, Play Station 4, and Roku.
- Price: Netflix offers three tiers at $7.99/month, $10.99/month, and $13.99 per month or £5.99/ £8.99, £11.99. The basic tiers offer access for one device at SD quality. The second tier packs HD content and two screens. Those who opt for the highest tier can view UHD and 4K content and stream it on four devices at the same time.
- Signature content: House of Cards, Sex Education, Stranger Things, The Irishman, Fargo, Roma.
Disney Plus is one of the latest streaming services on the market, but it is already shaping up to be a great service. Disney has acquired several studios in the last decades, and the service offers exciting content with ranges from Marvel blockbusters and the Star Wars saga to Pixar Cartoons and original content. Up to four users can watch content on a single account at the same time. A clean interface and support for 4K is a plus, and the service has already attracted more than 50 million customers.
- Compatibility: Select TV models, PC and Mac, Android and iOS devices, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, and Roku.
- Price: $6.99/month for Disney+ or $12.99/month for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN bundle (limited to the US) £5.99 per month in the UK.
- Signature content: Star Wars, The Simpsons, Marvel movies, Pixar, and Disney movies.
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video may not seem to be a great pick as a standalone service, but its greatest strength is represented by the fact that it is a part of the Amazon Prime package, which means that any Prime subscriber can enjoy the service for free.
The range of available content is quite diverse, and it also offers the ability to purchase or rent some of the latest movies. It can be used on three devices at the same time.
- Compatibility: Select TV models PC, Android, and iOS Amazon Fire tablet, smartphone, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Roku
- Price: $12.99 per month, or $119 per year. UK customers will pay £7.99 or £79.
- Signature content: Star Trek Picard, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Treadstone, The Boys, American Gods, The Grand Tour.
Apple TV +
Apple is the latest high-profile company that has decided to invest in streaming. Those who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV receive a free year. The service is focused on a selection of original TV series and movies, with new content being added constantly. It can be accessed via the official Apple TV app, and it works on up to six screens at the same time.
- Compatibility: Select TV models, PC, Android and iOS devices, Amazon Fire tablet, smartphone, Apple TV (4th gen+), Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Chromecast, Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Roku
- Price: $4.99 or £4.99.
- Signature content: For All Mankind, Amazing Stories, Servant.
The Bottom Lines
In short, the only considerable differences between the streaming services out there is the original content. For example, Netflix provides TV series that can’t be found anywhere else. The same goes for Disney+ and Apple TV, as well as for the other platforms.
In conclusion, you can take advantage of the trials that streaming services offer to check if the different content available there is what you’re looking for.