Google Play Services plays a very important role in making Android devices run at an optimal pace. Unfortunately, there are plenty of users who are experiencing problems with it: the app keeps stopping. And of course, nobody likes an app that crashes often, especially when uninstalling it is not an option. The only option available now is to fix the crashing, and we are going to learn how by following the steps below.
The causes of Google Play Services not working anymore can be numerous, therefore we are proposing more than one solution. Just try each one until you fix the issue:
Uninstall Google Play Services Updates
For this measure, you just need to follow several simple steps:
- Head for Settings > Apps > All apps > Google Play services.
- Tap Uninstall updates.
- Your device will ask you for confirmation. Confirm your decision and reboot the phone.
Clear data from the Play Store and Google Play Services
This is the most common and useful way of starting troubleshooting of an app: clearing cache and data. To try this solution for Google Play Services, do the following:
- Access Settings.
- Tap on Apps.
- Tap on App manager, Manage apps, or All apps
- Select the 3-dot menu and enable all system processes.
- Locate Google Play Services entry and select it.
- Select Storage.
- And finally, clear cache and data.
- Repeat the process for Google Play Store.
- Restart your device.
Reset your phone to factory settings
This should be the final solution if the other ones didn’t work. First, you’ll need to make sure that all your data is backed up. Then, a few simple steps are required:
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Head for Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap Erase all data and confirm the option when prompted.
At least one of these methods should do the trick for you and stop Google Play Services from crashing again.