Windows 7 has been a favorite among Windows users for a long time. The iconic operating systems were deemed by many to be the best one on the market, and it managed to attract a generous number of users.
However, all good things must come to an end, and Windows 7 is running out of time. Microsoft has announced in the past that the OS will be discontinued completely from 2020 and the deadline is now closer than ever. The company will not provide more security updates after January 14, 2020, according to a recent press announcement.
This does not mean that Windows 7 is rendered completely unusable as machines that use it will continue to work as expected. However, without security updates from Microsoft, the OS will become a favorite target for malicious third-party entities.
Those who are ready and willing to use Windows 10 will be happy to learn that a special promotion will be available for a limited time. No official announcement has been offered by the method that has been tested by a reasonable number of people, and it appears to be quite functional.
Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for FREE
It is advised to valuable backup information before upgrading to Windows 10:
- Go to the official Windows 10 download page.
- Select the Download Tool Now option and save the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool executable file on your machine.
- After the file is ready, close all the open apps.
- Run the tool and accept the conditions. Click on the Upgrade this PC now option to continue.
- Select the Keep personal files and apps option if you want to retain older files. A dedicated folder will be created automatically.
- Click on the install button, and the process will start. Depending on the machine, it may take a while.
When the process is completed, users will have to go to Settings/Windows Update/ Activation and the device will receive a license. Keep in mind that this Windows 10 upgrade will not work if your Windows 7 version was not activated properly.