Steam is a popular choice when it comes to buying video games, mainly due to the fact that the purchasing process is very easy and straightforward. Users can activate particular games by redeeming the Steam codes, but for those who don’t know how to do it, this post will explain the process step by step.
Steam codes are a great item to have, no matter if you want to add funds to the wallet or just access a certain game. You can buy Steam gift cards from the official platform, but to activate them, you must enable the code first. After redeeming Steam codes, the value of the card you acquired will be added to your Steam Wallet, and you can use that amount to purchase games.
How to Redeem Steam Codes
As soon as you redeem a Steam code, the value will be added to your wallet, which allows you to activate a game with it. To redeem Steam codes, follow these steps:
• Navigate to Steam’s official website
• Log into your account
• Tap on your account name in the top right corner of the screen
• Select the option of adding funds to your Steam wallet
• Tap on the ‘Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code’ option and type in your Steam code
• Wait until Steam verifies the code and the monetary value of the gift card is added to your wallet
How to Activate a Game Code on Steam
• Log into your Steam account
• Tap on the ‘+ Add a Game’ button located at the bottom left corner of the display
• In the notification window that appears, tap on the ‘Activate a Product on Steam…’ option
• Click on ‘Next,’ then on ‘Agree,’ with the Steam agreement rules
• Past the code in the next window and tap on ‘Next’
• The pop-up notification that appears will say that the process completed, therefore, click on ‘Finish’
• Pass through the next few game info windows and tap to download and install the game
The Bottom Lines
This is a simple and straightforward process of redeeming Steam codes in order to upgrade your wallet and, therefore, activating games. If you use another method of redeeming Steam codes, let us know in the comment section. Also, feel free to share this post with friends that might find it useful.
Paula is an outstanding reporter for Henri Le Chat Noir, always finding new and interesting topics to bring to the portal. She mostly crafts Science and Technology news articles, covering everything one needs to know about those niches. Paula studied at Concordia University.