Gaming keeps evolving these days, and the period when everything is limited to a flat screen is over for a pretty long time. Games can even be a lot more fun, as the Virtual Reality technology has been around for several years. Sony will release a next-generation console around Christmas, which is entitled PlayStation 5, but the PlayStation VR handset will surely be able to compete.
We all know how life goes: there’s no such thing as perfection, and the same applies for PlayStation VR. The handset has its flaws from time to time, but the good news is that most of them can be solved with a little research.
Luckily enough, changing the settings can fix this problem pretty easily if you know what you’re doing. Access a quick menu on the PS4 console and select Adjust PlayStation VR as well as Adjust headset position. You can use the scope adjustment button from the bottom of your headset and the headband release button positioned on the back for obtaining a more accurate fit. If blurry images still won’t go away, you can try these simple steps:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose Devices
- Tap PlayStation VR and select eye-to-eye distance
- Follow the instructions.
- The PS Camera will assess your face, and you’ll have to keep a distance of about 70 centimeters.
Not tracking properly
The PlayStation VR headset is sometimes not tracking movement properly, and it displays the message “outside of area”. In this case, here’s what to do:
- Make sure that no extra lighting item interferes with the VR headset.
- Make sure that you are positioned in the right area so that the headset can see your picture without problems. You should place yourself approximately 6 feet away from its camera.
- If the lenses are dirty, this problem of tracking malfunctioning can occur. Therefore, wipe off those lenses as best as you can.
This is very common if you’re taking a ride within a high-speed vehicle in the game. It’s not an actual issue of the handset, but we can’t also rule it out completely. As you might have guessed already, there is no use changing any setting this time. Instead, you can follow several simple rules:
- Avoid playing in the Standing position.
- Once you feel nausea, close your eyes.
This guide will solve your problems with the PlayStation VR handset once and for all. You deserve the best gaming experience possible!