Owning a business is tough, regardless if it’s a small one or an advanced one. It’s crucial to keep its online details up to date for maximum profit. One of the most common platforms for promoting a business is Google Maps. Google took the service one step further with the addition of Google My Business. The free tool gives managers and owners the possibility of administrating their online presence in Google Maps and Google Search, including verifying and editing crucial information like address, schedule, website, service area, and others.
If you want to modify the details of your business’ on the app, you must have a Google account that has Google My Business. The Business you are trying to update must be linked to your Google account.
Here Are The Steps You Must Follow:
- Navigate to Google My Business on a desktop browser.
- Click Info on the menu from the left side of the screen.
- Click the pencil icon from the address field.
- Make the modifications that you desire to do. Keep in mind to follow Google’s guidelines to maximize efficiency.
- If the service can’t find your address, there is a Set marker location button over the map that allows you to drag a pin and place it right where your Business is located.
If you want to do a modification from the mobile Google My Business app, follow these steps:
- Tap the Profile tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the address field and click the pencil icon to modify the data.
- Update the information so that it correctly displays on Google Maps.
- Tap Save.
That is it! You are all set. You can use either of the two methods as they both have the same outcome of updating your business’ data.