What better way to start off the day other than to receive a major update for your favorite game? With that said, Minecraft fans who enjoy playing the immensely popular game on PS4 should be pleased to know that a major update is coming their way. The update was confirmed directly by Mojang and to top it all off, the developer also published the official patch notes so that we can check out all the “goodies” that it brings to the Minecraft universe.
Minecraft PS4 2.00 Update
The new update is available to download right now on PS4 and it weighs in at 1.7GB. If the update doesn’t start automatically when you open the PS4, then you should check to see if the gaming console is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Unfortunately, the update doesn’t come with lots of fresh content as the latest patch did and instead, it aims to improve the overall performances and quality of Minecraft on PS4 by adding handful of bug fixes. In fact, let’s go ahead and take a look at the full patch notes.
Version 2.00 (NEW)
- Minor bug fixes
- Major update which adds “Bedrock Version of Minecraft to PlayStation 4”
- Bedrock version becomes default application for Minecraft on PlayStation and will be the only version to receive future feature updates
- New features in Bedrock include:
- Store: First and Third Party Developed DLC
- Cross-Platform Play
- World Conversion: Import Editions Saves into Bedrock
- Day One Import Wizard: automatically imports Editions settings and last used Skin.
- Management of Editions Save Games from within Bedrock
- DLC Entitlement transfer from Editions to Bedrock
- New Persona feature
- Changes in Menu UI
- Graphical enhancements
- New Mobs: Bees, Foxes
- New Block: Honey Block
- New Trophies
- Editions button: starts the Editions version of Minecraft
- New features in Editions include:
- Bedrock saves now appear in Editions saves list
- Added the ability to delete Bedrock saved games from within Editions
- Added “Launch New Minecraft” button to Main Menu