One of the reasons why Pokemon GO is always featured on the “most downloaded” charts both on Android and iOS is the constant of updates that the game benefits from. The developers who are in charge of Pokemon GO are always introducing fresh content and new features that keep players entertained. This is why Pokemon GO has managed to stand the test of time. Today, we are going to check out everything there is to know about the upcoming Gen 5 update that is going to focus on the Unova region.
Pokemon GO “Gen 5” Update
According to the official Pokemon GO timeline, the game is scheduled to receive a major update that is going to introduce lots of new Pokemon. In fact, players can start looking or new Pokemon to hunt and Pokemon eggs to hatch starting this week. The new Gen 5 Pokemon come from the Unova region and some of you might remember them from games such as Pokemon Black and Pokemon White.
The Gen 5 Pokemon that are available starting this week are: Tympole, Karrablast, Trubbish, Rogggenrola, Shelmet and Dweeblle. To make things even better, the update also gives players access to the evolved forms such as Accelgor, Escavalier and Galvantula.
- Kadabra (to Alakazam)
- Gurdurr (to Conkeldurr)
- Haunter (to Gengar)
- Machoke (to Machamp)
- Graveler (to Golem)
- Shelmet (to Accelgor)
- Karrablast (to Escavalier)
- Boldore (to Gigalith)
New Regional Spawns
Now that we have seen what are the new Gen 5 Pokemon, the question that remains is what are the rare Pokemon that this update introduces? Check out the official patch notes below to find out.
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin