TikTok, one of the most popular social media apps for iOS and Android, is now so trendy that everyone knows about it. The app allows users to create videos and post them online, and it offers some advanced editing tools in a rather simple interface.
This makes it possible to create everything from simple movie dialogue lip sync videos to clips that gain you popularly. One of the most asked questions people ask is how to download videos from TikTok without the watermark it usually comes with.
Before proceeding to the guidelines that show you how to download TikTok videos without watermark, note that the account you want to get down the content from has to be public, and also have enabled in the settings the option that allows others to download their videos.
How to Download TikTok Videos
This method is the simple way that makes it possible for you to download TikTok videos on your device.
- Launch TikTok on your smartphone and tap on the video you want to download
- Tap on the ‘Share icon’ button, then on ‘Save video’
- This will automatically save the video on your device
This is the usual method you have to use when wanting to download videos from the app. However, the content you will get down using this technique will have a huge watermark. Below is a guide on how to download videos without a watermark.
How to Download TikTok Videos Without Watermark
The TikTok watermark is a massive annoyance because it usually hides parts of the frame. There are ways to download videos from the app without the watermark, but remember that if you are using these techniques, it is best to credit the original creator of the content.
There are numerous websites that allow you to download videos from TikTok without a watermark, but these are typically filled with bugs, so be careful when using them. Also, if you’re unable to download the content using these sites, simply try an alternative or check again later.
We do not recommend you to use third-party apps because they are risky and pose threats to your smartphone’s security, and also to your privacy. Having said that, below are the instructions on how to download TikTok videos without watermark.
- Open TikTok and select the video you want to save on your device
- Hit the ‘Share’ button and then the ‘Copy link’ option
- Visit www.musicallydown.com and paste the link in the search box
- Keep the ‘Video with watermark’ setting unchecked and tap on ‘Download’
- On the next window, select ‘Download mp4’ and on the following one ‘Download video now’
Here is an alternative website with the instructions needed:
- After copying the link of the video you want to download on TikTok, visit https://snaptik.app/ on your device
- Paste the link in the search box and tap on the download button
- On the next screen, select ‘Download mp4,’ wait for 15 seconds and tap on ‘Download file’ – this will save the video without a watermark on your device
A third alternative can be used, in case the first two do not work:
- Copy the link of the video you want to download and head over to www.ttdownloader.com
- Paste the link and hit the ‘Get video’ button
- From the options that appear, select the one that says ‘No watermark,’ and tap on ‘Download video’
- The content should save on your device’s storage
How to Download TikTok Videos as Live Photos on iPhone
Although the following method allows you to quickly download any TikTok video straight from the app, rather than the floating watermark, it will have a small static one in the lower-right corner of the video. Currently, this technique only works on iPhones.
Here is how to use it:
- Launch TikTok on your iPhone and head to the video you want to download
- Tap on the ‘Share’ icon and then on ‘Live photo’ option from the bottom row – this will save the video in the Photos app as a live photo
- Now open the Photos app, select the live photo, open the iOS share sheet and tap on ‘Save as video’ option
- This will automatically save the live photo as a video
As we already mentioned, the video will have a small static watermark on the bottom-right side, which is not that annoying as the floating watermark you usually get when trying to download videos from TikTok with the regular method.
There are more ways to use when wanting to download TikTok content with or without a watermark on a device. However, we recommend you to be responsible and only get down videos for personal use. If you’re actually sharing these videos anywhere, make sure to credit the owner of the video as it is their intellectual property.
Paula is an outstanding reporter for Henri Le Chat Noir, always finding new and interesting topics to bring to the portal. She mostly crafts Science and Technology news articles, covering everything one needs to know about those niches. Paula studied at Concordia University.