Captions are expressions that usually accompany an image or a video to tell viewers what is about. Those labels are also available on TikTok, but sometimes they are extremely annoying as you cannot see the whole video because of them.
TikTok has become a sensation in the last few months as it made the world take part in challenges, duets, lip-syncs, and more. The app enables users to share funny or challenging content, and it is now one of the most downloaded apps with more than two billion downloads.
How to Hide Captions on Your Video
TikTok users have complained that some content has captions that are so long it covers most of the screen. When this is the case, there’s no way to fully enjoy a video as you’d like to. However, the app doesn’t have a setting that allows you to hide the captions of a video, but there are some runarounds to this.
You can simply save the video you want to watch without captions getting in the way. Also, if you uploaded a video with a long caption, save it and re-upload it without writing anything in the caption box.
How to Hide the Caption of Someone Else’s Video
To hide captions made in someone else’s video, simply launch the app and log in, and follow the steps below:
- Like the video you want to watch without captions, then tap on the ‘Me’ button to display your profile’s page screen
- Select the ‘Liked Videos’ tab – It has an icon shaped like a heart
- Got to the video and tap on it, then on the ‘Share’ button and on the ‘Save Video’ when a new screen of options appears
- The download will start and display a growing percentage – as soon as the process completes, it will send a ‘Video saved’ notification
- Head to the gallery on your phone to see the downloaded video
This method might not be what you need, but it hides the captions so you can watch the videos you like
TikTok should make it able for anyone to watch content on the app without being disturbed by long captions. Also, if you are uploading videos yourself, don’t make them struggle too much and keep the caption short. This way, viewers can enjoy your videos to the fullest.