WhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform in the world. Now owned by Facebook, the app is free and available for Android, iOS, and other devices. The messaging platform allows users to send messages, all types of files, and call friends and family.
WhatsApp’s Most Important Features
As the most used messaging application out there, WhatsApp has a lot of features and functionalities other platforms are lacking. Here are some of the key features the app packs.
• No Fees: It utilizes the phone’s Internet connection to send messages and make calls, so you don’t have to pay for all this stuff
• Multimedia: It allows you to send and receive images, videos, documents, and Voice Messages
• Group Chat: It enables users to create groups and chat with multiple contacts
• WhatsApp Web: It can also be used on a PC browser as well, but only to send and receive messages
• No Usernames and Pins: It works based on your phone number and merges seamlessly with your smartphone’s contact book
• Always Logged in: Users remain logged in all the time, so they don’t miss any new messages or calls
• Offline Messages: It saves the recent messages for you to check them next time you use the app in case you missed the notification
WhatsApp Messenger 2.20.6 Beta Update
The application receives updates pretty often, and the latest roll-out, WhatsApp Messenger 2.20.6 beta update, is out for those enlisted in the platform’s beta program.
Here are the complete patch notes of the update, released by the developers:
• New privacy settings allow you to control who can add you to groups. Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups to get started.
• Added call-waiting support so you can choose to accept an incoming WhatsApp call while you’re already on another call.
• You can now require a fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. Tap Settings > Account > Privacy > Fingerprint lock and enable Unlock with fingerprint.
• Fixed an issue which caused fast battery drain on some devices.