Initially, the Roku software was created specifically to run on Roku Streaming Media Players and not on a PC. But you know what they say that technology keeps evolving, and so is the case for what a PC can do. You can freely watch the Roku Channel on your laptop and desktop.
The PC app for Roku allows connection after you simply setup an account. Creating one is a very simple process. First, you’ll need to go to Roku’s official website and follow these steps:
- Find the “Sign In” link and click it.
- Click on “Create Account”
- Enter the information required regarding your email and password
- Enter a PIN code to authorize purchases for the Roku Store
- Enter your billing information once it’s required.
Get the Roku app
The Official Roku PC App can simply be downloaded from the Windows 10 Store, and there’s no fee needed at this point. Further, you’ll get to search for your preferred movies and shows. There’s also the hot voice of Cortana included and integrated into the app. This surely comes in handy while searching for your content.
It’s worth knowing that there’s also the Roku app for Android phones, and the Play Store details by saying:
“To use certain features of the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.”
The same source also reveals to us what exactly can you do with the Roku mobile app:
- Control your Roku device as another remote
- Stream hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel
- Enjoy private listening* with headphones
- Use your voice or keyboard to search for movies, shows, actors, and directors
- Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV
- Add and launch channels on your Roku device
- Enter text on your Roku device easier with your keyboard
Do you have any other ingenious methods of using Roku? Let us know in a comment!